Walt Churchill’s Market believes in getting involved and making a difference in our communities! We’re committed to improving the lives of our customers and our employees in every way we can.
At Walt Churchill’s Market we have a long history of giving back to our communities through our weekly donation of perishable food items to local food banks. We are also a member of the Toledo Rotary and through our financial commitment and participation in this organization, we are able to help and support many other local agencies and charities.
We appreciate all the efforts of our customers to help improve our communities and we want to help too. However, due to limited resources and the large number of requests we receive, it is not always possible to give away items free of charge.
In order to provide additional community support and assistance to those in need, Walt Churchill’s Market will provide a 10% discount on the “most requested” items that charitable and non-profit groups need for their fundraising events.
The list includes food items such as spaghetti sauce and noodles, hot dogs and buns, water, paper plates and cups, fruit, etc. Please review the eligibility requirements below to determine if your group or event meets our requirements for the 10% discount program.
- All programs and organizations requesting assistance through the WCM Community Involvement Discount Program must be a 501 (c) (3) tax-exempt community based organization and/or a community based charitable group.
- Requests must be made 30 days prior to the event or it will not be considered.
Also, our charities of choice typically do not include:
- Non-Local Organizations
- Political Organizations, Campaigns or Issues
- Sponsorships of fundraising events or golf tournaments
- Marathon Runs or Walks - (Please note: for the past 42 years, we have supported the Walt Churchill ½ Marathon Run for the promotion of distance running and better health. And as Walt says…”It also improves a person’s appetite and makes it possible to eat more without gaining weight.”)
- Perrysburg Store – 26625 N. Dixie Hwy:
- Due to lease restrictions at our Perrysburg location, we are not able to authorize solicitations of any kind on the outside premises of our Perrysburg store.
- However, we do authorize car wash events in our parking lot in support of our local non-profit organizations. All requests must be made 30 days in advance and approved by the Store Manager.
- Maumee Store – 3320 Briarfield Blvd:
- At our Maumee location, we do consider a limited number of solicitations; however, they must fit within our Giving Guidelines. All requests must be made 30 days in advance and approved by the Store Manager.
If you believe your group or event proposal fits within Walt Churchill’s Market program guidelines, please complete the application request below and submit it on-line, or fax to WCM Community Involvement Discount Program at 419-872-6910, or mail or deliver in person to Walt Churchill’s Market, 26625 N. Dixie Hwy, Perrysburg, Ohio 43551.
If your request is granted, a signed and approved WCM Community Involvement Discount Program Form will be sent to you by mail or email and it can be used at either store.
Due to the numerous amounts of requests and phone calls we receive, we regret that we are unable to return all phone calls. However, we will make every effort to notify you regarding your request.